SPRINT MOBILE CUSTOMERS MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR REFUNDS.
Do not call Sprint Customer Care or the Court about the settlement refund process or whether you are eligible. Please call the number below if you have questions.
Sprint has agreed to settle allegations that Sprint customers may have been charged for unauthorized third-party services on their wireless bills by companies providing Premium SMS (PSMS) services such as ringtones, wallpapers, and text message subscriptions for horoscopes and celebrity gossip. The settlement does not relate to direct carrier billing (DCB) or Google Play charges through Sprint.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR REFUNDS?
Current and former Sprint postpaid and prepaid customer account holders (Sprint customers) who paid for unauthorized third-party PSMS charges after July 1, 2010 and who did not receive a credit for those charges may apply for refunds.
Sprint postpaid customers are eligible for full refunds of unauthorized charges that were not previously refunded by Sprint.
Sprint prepaid (Virgin Mobile, Boost Mobile, Sprint Prepaid, and Assurance Wireless) customers are eligible for a one-time refund of $7.00 for unauthorized charges that were not previously refunded. Please note that actual refund amounts may be lower depending on the total number of claims submitted in this case.
HOW TO FILE A CLAIM:
Sprint has hired Kurtzman Carson Consultants ("KCC") to administer the settlement and assist with processing the refunds and bill credits for valid claims. You can file a claim through this website using the online claim form, or you can mail a paper claim form by downloading and printing a claim form by going to the "File a Claim" section of this site.
To be considered to receive a refund or credit, you must have submitted a claim by the claim deadline of December 31, 2015. If you mailed your claim form, it must have been received or postmarked by December 31, 2015.
THE REFUND PROCESS:
Current Sprint customers who submit a claim by the claim deadline will receive a refund as a credit to their monthly bill, prepaid account, or against the current balance owed on an account that is past due. Former Sprint customers who submit a claim by the deadline will receive a refund by check or digital disbursement.
TO DETERMINE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND:
- Did you have a charge from a third-party PSMS service from July 1, 2010 or after that date?
- If you did, and the charges were not authorized and not reversed and credited to your account, you may be eligible for a refund or credit.
- Are you the account holder or authorized person on the current or former Sprint wireless account?
Were any of the PSMS charges on your wireless bill since July 2010 unauthorized by you or any of the users on the account?
- Only the Sprint account holder or authorized person on the account may submit a claim for a refund.
Can I call Sprint Customer Care to get a listing of any PSMS charges billed to my account?
- If you do not remember whether you had PSMS charges and whether they were authorized, you may visit the File a Claim page of this website to view a list of all charges to your account in that time period to determine if any of the charges were unauthorized.
- No. Do not call Sprint Customer Care. A list of all eligible charges for refunds are available on the File a Claim page of this website. Sprint Customer Care will not be able to provide you with information about this settlement.
Starting in Summer 2016, checks will be distributed to verified claimants. Checks will continue to be distributed throughout Autumn. Please check this website for important updates.
Do not call Sprint Customer Care or the Court about the settlement refund process or whether you are eligible. Please call 877-389-8787 if you have questions.
Usted puede presentar una reclamación en línea en Español haciendo clic aquí.